Life Under Canvas Limited (“we” or “us”) is committed to protecting and respectingyour privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms of Website Use and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By submitting personal data to us, you agree to us using your data as follows.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Life Under Canvas Limited of Dolbedwyn, Newchurch, Kington, Herefordshire, HR5 3QQ.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site
www.lifeundercanvas.co.uk. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion and when you report a problem with our site.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes,
although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
• We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
• For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer.
Contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
• To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
• To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
• To speed up your searches.
• To recognise you when you return to our site.
• We also use Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online.
Third-party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites across the Internet. We and thirdparty vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to our website.
cookies when you log on to our site. By continuing to use our site without activating your browser to block cookies, you agree to us using cookies on our site.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To send you our newsletters from time to time.
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
Subject to the below, we do not currently intend to share your information with third parties but if we do so in the future, we will first notify you and give you the option to opt out of receiving any communications from such third parties.
We will only share your information with third parties for marketing purposes to the extent that such third parties are within the same group of companies as us. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please email us at [email protected]
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by email, post or telephone.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day).
We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may
disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If any company within our group or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case it may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such company or business or assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing
purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at [email protected]
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.