4M Fire Retardant Heavy Duty Bell Tent
This Bell Tent is a weightier 320gsm cotton and during the manufacturing process is treated with Proban® fire retardancy solution then tested to BS7837 standard.
It’s a perfect solution for anyone looking for a rental or professional use tent with essential and documented fire retardancy plus extra features to provide you with a tough hardwearing tent that you can trust.
These specially designed tents have a reinforced 4 layer top, extra reinforcement above door pole, poles with secured stoppers, all rebar pegs for floor and guys, an extra large bag with reinforced bag handles and a set of spares with every tent.
The 4m version is our festival favourite and is perfect for a pop up Glamping site or a quick pitch for a festival or event.
Manufactured exclusively for Life Under Canvas to a high specification it still has the fixings for an inner tent and the ability to add an awing.
Not sure which size Bell Tent is right for you? We’ve put a handy guide together to help. Download it here.
Alternatively, try out our questionnaire to find your perfect Bell Tent!
Reasons to choose Life Under Canvas
Over the last few years we have tried and tested all specs, styles & sizes of bell tent & have put together the very best features. The result is our very own range of Life Under Canvas bell tents which we are confident will ensure a practical and relaxing camping experience.
Unique to Life Under Canvas Made for Trade Bell Tents
- Reinforced 4 layer top – extra strength
- Extra reinforcement above door pole – extra strength
- Poles with secured stoppers – to stop the rubber ends being lost
- All rebar pegs – to keep floor and guys super secure
- Reinforced bag handles – to prevent ripping
- Extra large bag – for easy re-pack
- Set of spares with every tent – stoppers, rain caps, pegs and guys plus canvas and floor material
- 320g sand 100% cotton canvas - rot, mould and water resistant
- Fire retardant - Fully Fire retardant to BS7837:1996
- 540g grey PVC floor - zipped in, bucket style, thick and waterproof
- Mosquito mesh at the doors and windows - standard in all tents and zipped all round
- Storage Pockets - 2 handy storage pockets for keys, wallets, books etc
- Inside fixings for inner tents - around the whole tent
- Strong polyester guys with fluorescent flecks - more secure in high winds and easier to see at night
- Metal sliders - stronger than plastic, more secure in high winds
- 1 Metal central and door pole - 38mm and 19mm diameter
- Extra handles on the ends of the bag and waterproof bottom - for easier lifting and carrying alone
- Longer door spike - for easy awning attachment
- 2 rain caps - sometimes they get lost!
- Mallet included - everything you need to put the tent up
- Great customer service - pick up the phone or drop us a mail, there's always a friendly voice to answer your questions
- 1 x carry bag
- 1 x 4m bell tent
- 1 x 400cm guy ropes
- 11 x 200cm guy ropes
- 12 x guy rope pegs
- 12 x floor pegs
- 1 x centre pole with rain stopper
- 1 x door pole
- 2 x rain caps
- 1 x mallet
The 4m bell tent is ideal for a family of 4 with gear or a couple with space to spread out. This tent can be fitted with an inner to create a bedroom space.
This tent comes in 1 package. Which includes a 4m tent and all poles, pegs and guys and is easy to transport and store.
Make your tent feel like home
4M Inner Tent
Bell Tent Mats
Frequently Asked Questions
To find out where the best place to pitch your bell tent, check out our care and storage page – Care & Storage
Your tent should be reproofed when it is visible that water droplets soak into your canvas rather than beading on top.
Guidelines on how to reproof your tent are available on our care and storage page – Care & Storage
The difference is the amount of poles included. The awning comes with one pole and is intended to be attached the front door pole of your tent as some extra space or shelter. The awning plus comes with three poles to create a bigger shelter from your bell tent. Both the awning and the awning plus have the ability to be free standing with the addition of an extra pole. Great for extra shelter or a garden canopy.
All instructions can be downloaded here
Yes, it can be rolled down and velcroed in place to ensure water can not get in through your stove hole.
You must ensure your tent or awning is completely dry before packing it away. The best way to dry your canvas is to pitch it and let it air dry.
Store in a dry place away from damp and do not store anything on top of your tent or awning.
Check out our care and storage information page for more – Care & Storage
The best way to clean your bell tent would be to let it air dry. Once the mud and debris is dry, it can be removed using a stiff brush. We also have cleaning and reproofing agents sold on our website.
We have a handy guide with more details on the best way to give your tent some TLC – Cleaning and Proofing.
All tents require 1m around for set up. Check out our quick guide to see more – Quick Guide
Check out our quick guide to know how many people fit comfortably in our bell tents – Quick Guide
For the 3m, 4m, 5m and 6m bell tents, you would need two bell tent mats to cover the bell tent floor.
For an Emperor or Touareg tent we suggest using our recycled picnic mats.
Our tents are designed for occasional camping use for the leisure industry. They are not designed to be left up for continuously long periods of time, therefore our warranty does not cover them for this.
However, many people choose to leave them up and they can last being left up for longer. The longevity of the tents depends on how well they are looked after and where they are sited.
If you have anymore questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Bell tents are manufactured from 100% cotton canvas and this is inherently waterproof. When the tent is used on the first few occasion the cotton fibres expand and knit together to create the waterproof fabric. If you are unfortunate enough to be subject to a torrential downpour on the first use of your tent you may experience small leaks particularly around the seam areas. This is perfectly normal and will subside after a couple of uses.
Generally the fibres expand in normal damp conditions and no leaking occurs. If looked after properly your Life Under Canvas Bell Tent should last years and years.
Our inners are compatible with other bell tents if the width of the panels match ours. The measurements for our panels can be found on our quick guide – Quick Guide
Our awnings are compatible as long as they have a door spike. This makes them attachable to any other bell tent.